Following a telephone chat with Belinda at 7pm this evening I can now tell you that:
- She will be discharged "Wednesday at the earliest"
- Her cannula and catheter have been removed
- There are plans to remove 2 of the drains in the near future
- Life on the ward has returned to "normal" after the weekend
- The consultant is very happy with her
- She sounded really calm
On a less good note, preliminary results from the lymph nodes suggest she will need radiotherapy as well as chemo. She is, as ever, dealing with it!
Stay tuned for another update tomorrow night
We'd both like to thank you all for your messages of support